Monday, March 19, 2012

Still chugging along!

Don't worry - I haven't forgotten about this blog! The past two weeks have been filled with lots of studying for my finals, so my blog time has been few and far between. Luckily, I've still been working on simplifying our house and I've been taking pictures, so there are going to be some before/after posts coming up next week (spring break).

Speaking of spring, it's time for SPRING CLEANING!! YAY!! I decided to do another round of purging. Um, how is it that we still have more stuff to get rid of? It really boggles my mind. We obviously didn't need all of this crud and it's been sitting here in our home, littering our lives and complicating things. We've been discovering that we can purge more as we update our storage systems throughout the house. It's been a great process. We are currently in the middle of a laundry room re-do (new shelves!!) and I am so excited for the finished product.

We also have successfully transitioned all three cats outside without losing any of them. They weren't too happy, but they seem to have adjusted and we've seen them prancing around the neighborhood over the past week. I had lots of guilt over it the past few weeks, but now that we know they are fine, it really has made my life so much easier to have them outside. I have my laundry room back, I can actually leave bath mats on the floor without a cat weeing on them, and I've sleeping much, much deeper since I no longer wake up six times a night to stop a cat from ripping the carpet up. The dog does seem to miss them, but I think he's adjusting. He just looks a little sad sometimes.

So that's where we sit right now. Once I get this finals week out of the way, I'll get those before/after blog posts out and hopefully that will encourage YOU to join me in simplifying. What have you got to lose??

No comments:

Post a Comment