Monday, November 7, 2011

Prepared!

Can I just say how happy I am that I decided to follow the Stress Free Holiday Series from Household Management 101?  I feel so on top of things, it's ridiculous.

My Halloween decorations were put away within two days of Halloween passing.  I'm the only one in my entire neighborhood who has taken decorations down.  The decorations went straight into a new storage container that was promptly labeled and put on a shelf in the garage, where it is sitting pretty for next Halloween.

Even though I don't host for Thanksgiving, I always contribute a few dishes.  Those are now planned, so I can be ready to whip them up and take them to my in-laws for the meal.  Planning this out was especially important since we'll be out of town right before Thanksgiving and I didn't want any last minute scrambling for what I needed to bring to dinner.

I can't really believe I'm talking about Christmas yet, but I know November will fly right by me.  Half of the Christmas presents are already purchased (although I am still waiting on most of them to actually arrive).  This is huge.  I don't know when I last shopped for presents before Thanksgiving.

And, to make it official, I just ordered our Christmas cards.  They'll arrive before Thanksgiving and be ready to go in the mail on December 1st.

Starting this challenge has been the best thing I've done for our family (and my mental health) in a really long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment