Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Trip Planning

Starting my simplicity challenge, the thought of preparing and planning for trips never entered my mind.  But why not?  Everyone wants their trips to be simple and stress free.  I know I do!  This is going to be interesting...

I wonder if when you have everything household-wise simplified and organized, preparing for trips naturally becomes easier.  Or maybe it's just the kind of thing that will always be stressful, especially when you have small children.  I'm not stress free right now.  Things are not as simple as I want them to be.  I am avoiding tackling today's list (obviously, or else I wouldn't be blogging right now) because I get overwhelmed thinking about this entire week.  I expect to be absolutely looney with stress by Friday.  But I don't want to be.  So here's the goal for this week:  

Focus on the tasks that HAVE to be done and don't worry about the extras.

I want to come home to a perfectly clean house, but does it really matter if the downstairs bookshelf has a few DVDs out of place?  No, so I need to not worry about that.  I will take a look at my to-do list for the week and see if there's anything from Friday (a very busy day) that I can move to Wednesday or Thursday, just to ease up on last minute tasks.

So I need to knock this expectation of being stressed out right out of my head and decide that I WANT to be calm and prepared this week.  My children deserve a mom who isn't raising her voice every five minutes, my husband deserves a wife who welcomes his hugs instead brushing them off because there's still something that needs to be done, and I deserve to start my trip with a clear mind.  I wanted a challenge and now I've really got one!

No comments:

Post a Comment