Monday, January 23, 2012

I'm Back!

Well, that was an interesting two weeks away from anything simple.  No, no vacation.  In the past two weeks, I went back to school, had oral surgery, spent a week recovering, promptly came down with a cold, and spent another week trying to get better.  Life just happens all at once sometimes.

I'm behind on homework just three weeks into the term and I spent the majority of my morning and the first part of my afternoon writing my first paper in goodness knows how many years.  I did get it done though and the kids only got into two massive fights.  But one of them at school all morning, so maybe I shouldn't be too proud of them.

I am currently ignoring the two weeks worth of housework that needs to be done and indulging myself with some cheesecake that's probably pushing it's shelf life.  Oh well.  Cheesecake is cheesecake.

But the housework does need to be done and I'll show you why.  Now, to be fair, my husband did an OK job keeping up with things while I was recovering from surgery.  It was once we all got sick that things went downhill.

Aahhgg!  My house!!

Yes, there is a bike in my dining room.  And the dog is climbing into the dishwasher.  And there's a random dining room chair with a jar of peanut butter on it sitting in front of the fridge.  You might not be able to see it, but there's also a razor scooter under the dining room table.  And this is just the kitchen.  You do not want to see upstairs.  <shudder>

Ok, so there's a bit of household recovery work to do.  And I really need to work on how to keep up with my house, my kids, and my husband while going back to school.  It's a definite adjustment for me, but I know I can figure out a way.  For now though, I think they'll all just be happy when they have clean underwear again.

No comments:

Post a Comment