I've been trying. Trying really hard to get this whole simple living thing down. And I feel like a massive failure. I was in tears the other night, feeling so overwhelmed and not understanding why, when I've done so much so far. But it is not where I want it to be. Not even close.
I picked up a book from the library yesterday called "The Money Saving Mom's Budget" by Crystal Paine. I read through the first couple of pages while I was waiting to pick up my youngest from preschool and it completely renewed my sense of hope for living simply. Not only to get a better grasp of our budget to pay down debt, but also to live with fewer things, fewer distractions. It was also a great reminder that projects like this - a complete life overhaul - don't happen quickly. It can take YEARS and I need to be prepared for that possibility.
I can do this. I will do this. And it will be worth every bead of sweat, every tear, and every frustrated tantrum that comes out in the process.
No comments:
Post a Comment