For over a year now, I've been gathering ideas and thinking up ways to simplify, reorganize, and decorate every single area in our home. Obviously, I utilize Pinterest like a mad woman, so I can "store" various ideas there - even if I end up never using them or decide that they won't actually work for our home. But beyond that, I've been keeping all of my ideas and reminders for our home projects solely in my head. And it's taken me a year to realize that it doesn't work very well. I never remember what I wanted to do when I'm headed to Home Depot/Target/thrift store and I get frustrated. Also, my husband has no idea what I want done because he has nothing to reference.
So here's my plan: I am going around to each room of the house, armed with a notebook, a pen, and a camera. Each room will have their own page and on each page there are three headings: Maintenance, Organization, and Decoration. I will take a picture of each area of the room that I want to make changes to, so we have them on file for Before/After photos.
The Maintenance section will be mostly for my husband to reference. Organization will belong mostly to me, with an asterisk next to the items that both of us will need to be involved in (building, supplies, or large purchases). And Decoration will be solely my section, although I do occasionally have the hubby assist with decor projects that require woodworking.
So there's my project for this weekend. I'm excited about this. Not only because I will finally have everything written down for both of us to reference at any point, but I can add or take away from the lists as needed, keeping it flexible. And who knows? Maybe our projects will get done a little faster this way!
No comments:
Post a Comment