So I haven't posted in a week here and that's because a massive cold/flu/viral butt-kicking hit our household. Well, I should clarify that. It hit me. The kids didn't get it as bad and either the hubby is breezing by it or it's just waiting to attack him. But me? It hit me like a ton of bricks. And there came the first roadblock in our simplicity plan.
Our schedule got totally thrown off. My oldest missed one day of school, my husband had to take him and pick him up the other two days (and ran late enough he had to drive him instead of walk the four blocks), the youngest started having potty accidents again, as did the dog.
Meals went out the window. While we had food on hand, because of illness, only certain things could really be eaten without coming back up. Which meant two days of grocery store runs for my hubby and he's not the greatest with sticking to a list (although he did get lots of fruits and veggies for a reasonable price). This means we're way above our grocery budget for the month.
Housework was non-existent. Anytime I think that I'm not doing enough around here, I should slap myself in the face. While my house isn't perfect, it's reasonably clean most of the time - meaning that I actually do plenty around here. But no amount of cleaning and organizing that I've done so far could handle my husband and children having full reign of the house for a few days. Don't get me wrong though. My husband really did step up to the plate while I was down and I appreciate it. He cooked, did dishes, took care of the kids, even started a load of laundry and most importantly, took care of me.
I'm going to add in here that I took a two hour break from writing this to deal with a partial downed tree in my front yard that was blocking the road. Life really likes to throw interesting things my way.
Anyway, I'm hoping we can get back on track quickly. We have a birthday party to host this coming weekend and I don't want to go back to my former hosting self of rushing around at the last minute.
No comments:
Post a Comment