You might be wondering why I up and decided that we were going to change our lifestyle. That maybe it seems a little sudden. But it's really not as sudden as it may appear to everyone not living in our house.
You see, I've been frustrated for a while and my family knows it. Frustrated with the lack of motivation to get anything done, frustrated with the messes that were constantly made, frustrated with the piles of boxes in our closets and garage, frustrated with being late to everything and not getting everything done that needed to be done because we couldn't adhere to any sort of schedule. I'd had it. I was tired of resenting my family for the chaos and tired of feeling like I wasn't doing a good job as a wife and mother. The kicker came when I realized I was forgetting basic things like feeding my children. I completely forgot to give them any lunch for a few days in a row (luckily they tend to get snacks for themselves if they're hungry). I was forgetting to bathe them. They went over a week without having a bath and I hadn't realized it. I started to forget to bathe myself. One day I realized I hadn't showered in three days and hadn't washed my hair in over a week. How on earth had I gotten to this point? It's appalling, embarrassing, and fairly disgusting.
Somehow our life had gotten so complicated, rushed, and chaotic that our quality of life was headed down the toilet. We couldn't continue that way and it needed to turn around fast. I searched for recommendations on books, looked at blogs, and started gathering basic ideas as to how to begin our transformation from crazy to calm. Because my brain has turned to mush, everything will be scheduled. Our lives for the next few months will be written out hour by hour in a planner. Eventually I know things will become second nature and I'll be able to scrap the hourly planner and go back to a daily one, but for now we need the strict schedule.
I'm not expecting this transformation to be easy. I feel tired and overwhelmed and don't expect to feel the real results for a while yet, but I am so excited to see how we can become better people because of this. And maybe we can be an example to others along the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment